Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Unbreak

I'm exhausted, despite my 9 hours of awesome sleep last night...But I have plans to shop tomorrow, and one can't do that without a list, now can one?
I'm once again curling up with a glass of wine and a new freezer cookbook. This one from The Lovely Susan. The Don't Panic book disappointed with the easy Chicken Cacciatore. So I'm a bit gun shy. I'll give it another chance, but for now I'm trying The Once-a-Week Cooking Plan: The incredible cooking program that will save you 10 to 20 hours a week (and have your family begging for more!) by Joni Hilton. How's that for a title?


This book is arranged by weekly menus. I'm going to give weeks 2 and 14 a shot- with 5 entrees and 2 desserts each, plus a couple sides. There is a shopping list at the beginning of each week. I don't need the desserts, but I'm lazy so I'll just buy the list as-is and sort it out later.

So we'll be making:
Poached Pear Soup (side)
Chilled Bean Salad (side)
Mama Mia Quick Bread (side)
 Easy Cioppino (I don't know what Cioppino - easy *or* complicated. I guess I'll find out!)
Maple-glazed Salmon
Orange Blossom Salmon Stir-fry
Southern Shrimp au Gratin
Seafood Enchiladas
Dijon Chicken Soup
Chicken Asparagus Casserole
Fettuccine w/ Chicken and Smoked Gouda
Red Snapper with African Salsa
Shanghi Fish

Um. Wow. That's a huge list. Ok....yikes. Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment