Monday, February 7, 2011

The *Other* Cacciatore

This does not look like the other cacciatore. I think the other cacciatore is probably better (shhh....don't tell Cousin). But! This one freezes! And!
Do you notice how it's in a bag? Know how many dishes I dirtied making this cacciatore? Yep - zero. Know how many I dirtied making the PW cacciatore? Um. I'm not going to tell you.

For this one (from Don't Panic- Dinner's in the Freezer by Martinez, Howell, and Garcia) just toss all this in a freezer bag:

2 med. onions
2 cloves of garlic
15 oz. diced tomatoes
8 oz. tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp celery seed
1 bay leaf
1/4 c. white wine
6 boned chicken breasts

To serve: Thaw and cook in  crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.

 Related note: Librarian friends, what percentage of recipes can I post from one cookbook before I'm a big ol' plagiarizer?

Unrelated note: I think I'm ready to expand this little enterprise, if anyone knows of a family who might be interested. Western Chicago suburbs, northern IL or southern WI.

Husband is out of town this week. So I'm just making meals here and there, when I can. I just fried bacon for North Woods Wild Rice Soup.
Then I ate half of it. But luckily I was pretty sure I would eat half of it. So I made plenty. See? I'm a planner. God. I never get bacon. I need a moment.

Ok. I cooked the chicken breasts for the soup while I was assembling the rest of the breasts into cacciatore last night. The wild rice is cooking while I chop the onion and celery. I have a confession to make. I don't really know the difference between chopping and dicing. Maybe I'm dicing the onion and celery. I really don't know. But I can 100% assure you that I'm not dicing the onions and chopping the celery.

I'll never make Top Chef now that I've spilled the beans. Because, you know, that's all that was standing between me and being Top Chef.

Anyway, another totally simple recipe. Done in one naptime even!

No comments:

Post a Comment