Monday, February 28, 2011

*sheepish grin*

Yeah. So. I haven't been cooking. We've been eating.....but.....[insert excuse here]. *crickets*

I'm cooking tonight, though! With no groceries!! So beat that, Martha.

I have two week old corn tortillas, onions, diced green chilies, black beans, red peppers, three mushrooms (I don't know why, shut up), and a little cheese. Mostly in individual snack sizes. Who knew this blog would turn into adventures in scrounge-cooking?


So I'm going to make fajita-ish quesadilla type thingies.

Google says I can do it with some olive oil, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce and cayenne. So I'm going with it.

The red pepper were already cut up for snacking.

I sliced the onions and mushrooms. Chopped the garlic. Or diced. I don't know the difference, remember?
Sauteed.


Added soy sauce and lime juice and cayenne.
Grated some cheese, and chunked other.
Made a filling of black beans, chilies, and cheese.
Cover the bottom of the pan with oil - veggie, olive, a little of both. Fry one side of the tortilla lightly. Flip, fill, fold, flip.

Cover with fajita-ish mix.

Devour.


Am culinary genius. You may worship me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment